Crumpet's Nail Tarts - Tri Polish Challenge May 1

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hello everyone! This month, I'm participating in my first Tri Polish Challenge hosted by the Crumpet's Nail Tarts. The rules are simple: your only allowed to use three colors chosen for each month and to make four manicures out of them. At least one manicure has to include all three colors and the rest has to include at least two colors. Your also allowed free use of white, black, silver, gold, and glitter toppers. Debbie from The Crumpet has a great post explaining the rules here.

The colors for May are blue, grey, and red. For the three colors, I chose to use all American Apparel polishes. I chose to use Cameo Blue (blue), Downtown LA (red), and Echo Park (grey).

American Apparel

I came up with a pretty simple manicure. I used Cameo Blue as my base color and then I applied Downtown LA in the middle to make a stripe. Taking Echo Park, I used my dotting tool to create some dots inside the red stripe.

Crumpet's Nail Tarts - Tri Polish Challenge May 1
Crumpet's Nail Tarts - Tri Polish Challenge May 1
Crumpet's Nail Tarts - Tri Polish Challenge May 1

I was pleasantly surprised on how this turned out. It's actually better than I expected. What do you think?

Be sure to check out the other manicures for this month's challenge below!

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge! I absolutely love this design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, you should join in :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is super cute! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the design and great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's simple but interesting. I love the way it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it's just the dots, but these make me think of Minnie..which is a good thing. :) I like how simple the look is but it is still very striking. I really want to try some American Apparel polishes since I see them around so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha your right! It does kind of look almost Minnie inspired. You should definitely try out some American Apparel polishes if you can. There really good :)

      Delete
  6. I love this! The colours work really well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job, great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely combination... nice manicure :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS