Oh Mon Dieu! 31 Day Challenge Day 16 - Ruffian/Half Moon

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hello everyone! Its another relaxing day for me until later this evening when I'm working the closing shift. So, in the meantime I'll be keeping busying with editing and swatching for my blog. I'm kind of behind on a particular challenge so I'll try to see if I can squeeze in at least one manicure for it. This month has been kind of crazy for me to say the least. Let see what today's Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge will be though.

For day 16, the theme is ruffian/half moon. I decided to do another ruffian design. I wanted to play with finishes so I went with a shimmery and creme polish for this manicure. Let's see how it turned out.

Ruffian

For my base color, I used Zoya Kimber. Aftter letting that dry, I created the ruffian shape using Orly Ancient Jade. To make it a little different, I added two dots on top using Zoya Kimber.

Ruffian
Ruffian

This is my second try at the ruffian design and I think I'm getting better at it. Its not perfect but I still think it turned out great. What do you think of my ruffian manicure?

Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge

26 comments:

  1. These look cute, I like the choice of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours work so well together! I actually have to remind myself to not use them /all/ the time haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I know what you mean. I tend to use certain colors over and over again.

      Delete
  3. I lurve that Ancient Jade! You've used it a couple of times, and every time I love it more and more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I love that color so much! I really need to start using other colors in my collection though, lol.

      Delete
  4. These are my favorite colors together...love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cloud combo, love the ancient jade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow beautiful and neat Nail art Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! These colors looks so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that! Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  8. This is so cute! It looks like your nails are all dressed up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute look and I love the combo of pink and green!

    I've added your blog to my blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I generally don't like ruffian manis but I really really like this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear it changed your mind on it :)

      Delete
  11. Pretty! The dots took this mani to an even higher level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was going for :) Thanks!

      Delete
  12. I love these! The dots almost look like studs! :) Ruffian manis have always intimidated me! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I wanted it to be a bit different so that's why I added the dots :)

      Delete
  13. Love it, the color combo, the dots and the different finishes :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS