Oh Mon Dieu! 31 Day Challenge Day 24 - Inspired by a Tutorial

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hey everyone! Its nearing the end for the Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge and I'm so excited to see that I'm still going strong with it. As it comes to an end, the themes are getting harder too.

For day 24, the theme is inspired by a tutorial. I decided to recreate a manicure from cutepolish. I went with her Floral Doodle Nails. I love how arty and simple this design is so I wanted to see how well I can do with it.

Floral Doodle Nails
Floral Doodle Nails
Nicole by OPI. Sally Hansen, Barielle, American Apparel, Seche Vite

Starting with my pinky, I have on Nicole by OPI Bright Lights, Sally Hansen White On on my ring and thumb, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue on my middle, and Barielle Gotta Have Fate on my pointer. Taking a makeup sponge, I sponged the yellow, blue, and coral on my white nails. Then with a toothpick, I used American Apparel Hassid to create a rough floral doodle on the parts where I sponged the colors on and then I added some leaves in the white spaces. Lastly, I finished it off with a coat of my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Floral Doodle Nails
Floral Doodle Nails
Floral Doodle Nails

These turned out way better than I expected! There so fun and cute right? The colors you can use for this design are endless too. What do you think of my floral doodle nails?

Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge

34 comments:

  1. Pacific Blue is absolute perfection! You did an amazing job with this, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this design so much :)

      Delete
  2. This is so adorable! Love it and the way you 'distributed' the colours is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mina! Glad to hear you like it :)

      Delete
  3. This is very very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I love this and I follow Cute Polish...she makes the tutorials seem so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know right? Her tutorials are one of the best :)

      Delete
  5. really, really adorable, Lisa. great work! i love the doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariel! I'm really proud of this :)

      Delete
  6. I really like how you did those flowers! Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ring finger nail is so cute...love the combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's colourful feast for my eyes Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! The colors are so happy and the flower design is perfect for summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. It's the kind of design that could look messy if not done right, but you got it perfect, and it looks so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Yes, the floral outlines I did was getting a bit messy but it worked for this design :)

      Delete
  11. beautiful!!! Might need to try this kind of look soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous Lisa! much better than my attempt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yours was great too :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS