Oh Mon Dieu! 31 Day Challenge Day 25 - Inspired by a Movie

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hello! The weather is so hot and warm these past few days, that I've been getting a bit lazy not doing much. I hope it cools down soon. Let's see the manicure I have for the Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge.

For day 25, the theme is inspired by a movie. One of my favorite Disney movie growing up has to be Finding Nemo. I first saw it in one of my classes in high school and I actually cried during some parts of it. After watching it then, I've been a huge fan ever since. I'm super excited that there's going to be a sequel in Finding Dori!

Finding Nemo Inspired Nails
Finding Nemo Inspired Nails

For my base color, I used Jessica Tangerine Dreamz. Taking some striping tape, I tapped off my nails similar to the stripes you find on a cloud fish which is the kind of fish Nemo is. Using Sally Hansen White On, I painted inside of the of the area I taped off. I quickly peeled the tape off while the polish was still wet. Then with black acrylic paint, I used a stripper nail art brush to outline the white stripes. Finished it off with a coat of my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Finding Nemo Inspired Nails
Finding Nemo Inspired Nails
Finding Nemo Inspired Nails

This didn't turn out exactly how I pictured it but I gave it my best effort. I was really struggling with getting the black lines straight and even but sadly, some were much thicker than others. The white polish I used was pretty getting thick too since I'm halfway done with the bottle which made it hard to peel the tape off nicely. Oh well, I guess I better practice some more then. What do you think of my Finding Nemo inspired nails?

Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge

22 comments:

  1. love the orange colour, really just like nemo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! Like this cartoon :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so see Nemo in this manicure! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soooo cute and I love it! Looks a lot like Nemo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your nemo nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they are adorable!!!! Love this so much! And the movie is one of my favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Tangerine Dreams is so gorgeous! :) Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mani sure reminds me of the movie :) Nice work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay happy to hear that. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  9. I think the "uneven" black lines make it more realistic :) .... I love it... Greetings from Madrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I didn't know there was going to be a sequel, I can't wait!!! Love your Nemo nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gosia! :) Yes, there it so its super exciting for me :)

      Delete
  11. this is so cute ^^ i love finding new :) looking forward to their next movie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS