Oh Mon Dieu! 31 Day Challenge Day 29 - Inspired by Fashion

Monday, July 29, 2013

Hello everyone! Whew, this week has been busy for me. My work place always has these three day sales on Friday to Sunday which is when I usually work so its super busy. When sales are involved, customers can get very mean and rude too. I'm just happy that its over and I have a free day today. I'm going to go hang out with my siblings and have a relaxing day. Anyways, let's see today's manicure for the Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge.

For day 29, the theme is inspired by fashion. I went on the Forever21 site to see if anything would catch my attention and something sure did! I decided to do a simple tie dye design after seeing a dress on the site. Let's see how I did.

Tie Dye Nails
Tie Dye Nails

Here's the dress I was inspired by. I liked how the blue tie dye looked against the stark white here.


For my base color, I used Sally Hansen White On. Taking my a small dotting tool, I used Sephora by OPI Blue Grotto to create the tie dye effect by making irregular shaped lines and splotches. Lastly, I applied my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to add some shine and to smooth out the manicure.

Tie Dye Nails
Tie Dye Nails
Tie Dye Nails

These turned out really nice. Its doesn't look exactly like the dress but I still liked how it looks. I might try this design again with different colors too. What do you think of my tie dye manicure?

Oh Mon Dieu! It’s the Rather Awesome 31 Day Challenge

14 comments:

  1. I think it really does go together with the dress!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute nails and the dress looks super summer and cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks a lot like the dress! And don't you just love rude customers??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Yeah, there such a pain to deal with. I'm not a huge fan of where I'm working but I have to stick with it unless I find something better.

      Delete
  4. Love this!!!!! Totally looks like the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue is such a pretty color! You've done really nicely throughout this whole challenge, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS