Born Pretty Store Review - Round Glitters

Thursday, August 8, 2013


Hey everyone! Today, I have an exciting review for Born Pretty Store. I was recently contacted and after checking out their website, I agreed to do a review. Their website has a ton of nail art supplies, stationary items, jewelry, and much more. After browsing their site, I decided to try out their glitter set of 12 round glitters.

Here's a picture I took right after taking the glitter set out of the package. As you can see, some glitters did spill out during shipping. I noticed that most of the lids on the containers the glitters were in were loose which allowed the glitter to spill out. It was easy to clean up and fix though but I just wanted to let you all know.

Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters

In this set, it mostly contains translucent light glitters but it does come with your standard silver, gold, and black. All these glitters kind of shine different colors depending on the light too. Most of the glitters are really subtle looking which I like since it makes it a little more unique. As you can see, the amount of glitters in each pot varies, with some being super full to others being less than half full.

Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters
Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters
Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters

Starting with my pinky, I have on Finger Paints To-Teally Chic, Essie Splash of Grenadine, Nicole by OPI Selena, and Zoya Bevin. I used four different colored glitter on each nail. As you can see, I did two full nail accents and two simple designs. They did however tended to look pretty similar to one another once they were on my nails.

Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters Review
Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters Review

The glitters were easy to place with a help of some top coat and a toothpick. Regarding the size, they weren't too big or small for my nails. After placing them on, I sealed them in with a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. This was my first time using nail glitter so its not the best looking but I think with a little more practice, I can do better.

Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters Review
Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters Review
Born Pretty Store Round Circle Glitters Review

Overall, this set is nice. It does take some patience placing each individual glitter on the nails. The only problem I had was that some glitters were stuck together so I had to use my fingers to make sure I was only placing one piece on my nails. Shipping took around 2-3 weeks to arrive here in Canada which is a pretty normal shipping time from a international place like Singapore. For 12 pots of glitter for $7.60, I think its a great deal especially since it will take a while to use them all up with the amount you get. I love that they offer free worldwide shipping too.

If your a beginner like me and looking to try out some nail art glitter, I definitely recommend these to start out with. There's a nice variety of colors and I like that instead of the traditional hexagon shape, its round instead. Just be warned that your set might arrive a little messy like mine and that each pot of glitter may not have the same amount in each along with a possibly long shipping time.

If your interested in this set of 12 round glitters, you can get an additional 10% off using the discount code YCL91

Born Pretty Store Discount Code

Thank you to Born Pretty Store for providing me this glitter set for review. I will definitely be purchasing and checking out more nail art items from you in the future. Check out Born Pretty Store on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Youtube, and on Blogger too!

26 comments:

  1. Hi, Lisa,
    Your experience is useful to me,
    thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called them 'glequins' and I LOVE them!!! I have all kinds of colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I'm such a newbie to these. Awesome to hear you like them too Gosia! :)

      Delete
  3. I love using these for nail art! Very easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are big sequins :) Great site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but there not too big. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review! I've been planning to get these for a while now! I really like the index finger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Happy to hear that this review was helpful to you :)

      Delete
  6. Great review hon. I really like the ring finger one. They look like a good size too, big enough to make a statement but not too big as to be cumbersome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I was happy that they weren't too big. There a great size :)

      Delete
  7. I love the teal and blue nails with the sequins they remind me of a mermaids tail, or fish scales. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of round glitters but man it's a lot of work to apply any type of loose glitter perfectly. You did a great job with your application and design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Its such a pain but the end results are so pretty on the nails :)

      Delete
  9. Awesome!!!! I love these circle glitters! EEK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear Heather! I'm really starting to like circle glitters a lot too :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS