The Nail Challenge Collaborative - Technique Week 1

Monday, September 9, 2013

Good morning! I've been slacking on my nail challenges last month so I wanted to try to get back into them this month. The theme for this month is technique for The Nail Challenge Collaborative so I wanted to do something simple and easy. I went with a classic polka dot design with my dotting tool using some fall colors.

Green and Plum Polka Dots
Green and Plum Polka Dots
Green and Plum Polka Dots
OPI, Seche Vite, dotting tool

For my base colors, I used OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window and OPI Dim Sum Plum. Taking a dotting tool, I created some simple polka dots using the opposing color. Lastly, I applied a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Green and Plum Polka Dots
Green and Plum Polka Dots
Green and Plum Polka Dots

This is perfect for the fall season! The two colors surprisingly work well together here too. I'll try to do something more unique and new for the next three manicures so stay tuned. What do you think of my polka dot manicure?

38 comments:

  1. Really cute color combination! The colors really pop. And we all know how I feel about polka dots... love them! Very cute manicure =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! I love polka dots a lot too that I want it on all my manicures :)

      Delete
  2. Of course, you know I love dotticures, so I LOVE THIS! haha! I've been meaning to get Dim Sum Plum for quite some time, and this just reinforces that I need it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it, its a great color! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty! The colours look so good together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so great together! Worst nail polish name ever, though. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A simple manicure can be fantastic with the right colours and you certainly picked the right ones Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I don't have an idea, I usually fall back to polka dots, lol.

      Delete
  7. This is really cute - love these two colors together (and yes, worst polish name ever)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm just lucky with choosing colors I guess :)

      Delete
  9. Love this - I have adored Dim Sum Plum and another I have from OPI that is really close to that one - and I think I only wore Roll Down The Window 1 time - now I know what to pair it up with! It's sort of flat on it's own and never really did much on me - it needed something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear seeing this manicure gave you some inspiration :)

      Delete
  10. What cute mani. I love the color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this mani! very simple and cute and great colors! do you have any tips on using a dotting tool? i tried a few times but somehow always ended up with holes in the middle of my dots... i don't know if maybe i pressed too hard or maybe the polish i was using was too watery...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Your probably pressing too hard. Just lightly dot your nails after making sure your base color is completely dry.

      Delete
  12. Those look so cute. I would have never thought of those colors together, but they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Olá, tudo joia?!
    Está lindo seu blog, já estou te seguindo...
    Segue o meu tbm, eu iria adorar!!!
    http://manyelly.blogspot.com.br/
    Sucesso para você!!!
    Bjo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Do you speak English? I'm not really sure what you commented about.

      Delete
  14. This is such a nice color combination. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS