The Nail Challenge Collaborative - Technique Week 4

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Good morning! Here's my last manicure for this month's technique theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. Its the most unique and out there design I've done so far for this challenge too. I decided to combine stamping with the saran wrap technique to create some cool looking nails. Let's see what I did then.

Saran Wrap with Lace Stamping
Saran Wrap with Lace Stamping
Saran Wrap with Lace Stamping
Orly, OPI, American Apparel, Seche Vite

For my base color, I used Orly Ancient Jade. After making sure the base color is dry, I painted OPI It's My Year on top and quickly dabbed a piece of saran wrap on it to create this effect on the nails. When that's dry, I stamped using American Apparel Hassid with BM-321 using the lace design. Finished it off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Saran Wrap with Lace Stamping
Saran Wrap with Lace Stamping
Saran Wrap with Lace Stamping

This turned out way better than I expected it to be when I was creating it. The colors I used wasn't something I would normally combine but they work here. I still need to practice on my stamping though since the lace design didn't transfer so well here. What do you think of this manicure?

18 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous! They remind me of Atlantis for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy on how it turned out too.

      Delete
  2. I like this mani very much! Great idea and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you have It's My Year! Beautiful and rare color aside, the whole mani looks gorgeous and I love how the colors ook together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its a gorgeous color. Thanks Liesl!

      Delete
  4. This is an awesome mani! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...very pretty
    love the mani..

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyzone.com/2013/09/mac-studio-fix-powder-plus-foundation.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very nice! I love the color combo! The stamping looks great too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS