Blue Dotted Gradient

Monday, November 11, 2013

This month's theme for the The Nail Challenge Collaborative is your favorite color. As most of you know, my favorite color is blue so be prepared for some blue manicures this month. I went with a design that I've been wanting to do but never got a chance to until now. I saw a lot of other bloggers do this but my main inspiration came from The Nail Polish Challenge. Kelli actually has a tutorial pictorial outlining the steps on recreating it which you can check out here.

Blue Dotted Gradient
Blue Dotted Gradient
Barielle, Essie, Seche Vite

For my base color, I used Barielle Swizzle Stix. Taking various sized dotting tools, I used Essie Trophy Wife to create the dotted gradient. Finished it off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Blue Dotted Gradient
Blue Dotted Gradient
Blue Dotted Gradient

This didn't turn out as great as I hoped because the dots didn't fade into a smooth gradient but I still like it for my first try at creating the design. I need to try this design with other color combinations now since the design is so simple but pretty no matter what colors you use. What do you think of this manicure?

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS