Blue Water Marble Nails

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hello everyone! Here is my second manicure for this month's your favorite color theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. I've always loved the look of water marble nails but the mess and clean up just to create one is a major turn off for me. I saw a recent video from cutepolish creating a water marble design without the mess though so I decided to try it out. Check out her Dry Water Marble Nails.

Blue Water Marble Nails
Blue Water Marble Nails
Hard Candy, Barielle, Sally Hansen, American Apparel, Seche Vite

For my base color, I applied a thick coat of Hard Candy Sky. Taking Barielle A Bouquet for Ava, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, and American Apparel American Denim, I dabbed blobs on each nail while the base color was still wet. Immediately after, I took a toothpick and swirled the colors around to mimic a water marble design. After letting that dry for a few minutes, I then applied Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat.

Blue Water Marble Nails
Blue Water Marble Nails
Blue Water Marble Nails

This was surprisingly easy and the result looks awesome. Its not as great as doing it the traditional way but I'm still happy with it. What do you think of my blue water marble nails?

12 comments:

  1. Love it! If I were brave enough to try water marbling, I so would. I just cannot trust myself around open bottles of polish AND water. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! You should try out this method then, so much easier than doing it the traditional way :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I'm not a fan of traditional water marbling either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and awesome to hear I'm not the only one :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS