Abstract Watercolor Nail Art

Friday, December 20, 2013

Hello everyone! I'm so behind on this month's theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative so I kicked myself into gear to get them up as soon as possible. This month's theme is inspired by art. This turned out kind of a fail but I still wanted to share with you all how it turned out. I was inspired by an abstract watercolor artwork that I found searching on Google.

Abstract Watercolor Nail Art
Abstract Watercolor Nail Art
abstract art mother earth
Salon Perfect, China Glaze, Barielle, Jessica, Color Club, Seche Vite

I started with Salon Perfect Sugar Cube on the nails. I sponged on different color combinations using China Glaze Escaping Reality, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Barielle A Bouquet For Ava, Barielle Welcome Ohm, Jessica Tangerine Dreamz, and Color Club Limelight. Taking a dotting tool, I created random lines on each nail. Before that dried, I dabbed the lines with a makeup sponge to create a faded look. Finished with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Abstract Watercolor Nail Art
Abstract Watercolor Nail Art
Abstract Watercolor Nail Art

This didn't turn out exactly how I pictured it but I gave it my best try. I do really like how my pinky nail turned out though. What do you think of my abstract watercolor nail art?

18 comments:

  1. I really love how this turned out and I am glad that you're participating in this theme; all your mani's are just great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I'm happy to be participating in this theme too :D

      Delete
  2. your nails look like a real canvas!! I love this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's abstract so you can make it look however you want...great job Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the abstract mani...nice inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so lovely with all those different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look beautiful!
    I love this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you are right on with this design, love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS