Four Seasons Tree

Friday, December 27, 2013

Hey everyone! Here's my third manicure for this month's inspired by art theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. This design was inspired by this cool looking tree that is split into four sections to represent each season. I did four nails to represent each season and then for my thumb, I just did an accent nail with all the colors that was used.

Four Seasons Tree Nail Art
Four Seasons Tree Nail Art

China Glaze, Barielle, Julep, Sally Hansen, Seche Vite
Misa, Orly, Barielle, Essie, Jessica, OPI, American Apparel

Starting with my pinky nail, I have on China Glaze Starboard, Barielle Swizzle Stix, Julep Hayden, Barielle Gotta Have Fate, and Sally Hansen White On. With China Glaze Mahogany Magic, I used a toothpick to draw on the tree and its branches. Then I dotted various sized colored dots using Misa Green with Envy, Orly Ancient Jade, Barielle Welcome Ohm, Essie Mesmerize, Jessica Tangerine Dreamz, OPI Fiercely Fiona, and American Apparel Downtown LA. Finished with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

Four Seasons Tree Nail Art
Four Seasons Tree Nail Art
Four Seasons Tree Nail Art

I went very simple with recreating the design. The leaves had some texture in them but when I attempted to recreate that, it kind of looked messy so I opted to just do dots instead. What do you think of my four seasons tree manicure?

30 comments:

  1. This is really cool, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the inspiration and resulting nail art, very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm floored that you got such good results using a toothpick for the branches. What's the secret??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! No secret, just took my time creating the trees by going slow :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, I really love this nailart! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's beautiful! I love how you tweaked the original image to fit onto your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! The colours work really well and it looks so much like the original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty! I love this idea! Must try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I would love to see your take on it too :)

      Delete
  8. I love how bright and fun this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's one of my favorite things about it too :)

      Delete
  9. pretty!!! you did a great job girl!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  11. beautiful mani! I like how you made each nail a different panel of the painting. I also think you simplified the painting nicely and translated it well into nail art... since nails are so small you often do need to simplify patterns/designs when putting them on your nails. I'm horrible at drawing so I haven't really done any freehand stuff on my nails yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment! Yeah, I wished I could have created it exactly like it but my nails were too small to fit everything, lol.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS