My Skincare Routine

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I wanted to share with you my current skincare routine before I incorporate new skincare items I bought into it. I haven't really been taking good care of my skin throughout the years because my skin has not been the best it could be. For this year, I really wanted to take action and improve what products I was using. I had a skincare routine but it wasn't really helping to fight the problems I had which means I was treating my skin issues correctly.

My Skincare Routine

My Skin Type
My skin is extremely dry and a little sensitive. I get really dry on my chin, cheek and nose area particularly in which my skin will be peeling off if its not moisturized properly. My skin is mostly dry throughout the year but I do get a little oily during the warmer weather. I get the occasional pimple when I'm stressed or when I'm eating unhealthy. I also have redness around my face.

Simple, Juice Beauty, EOS
Morning Routine
In the morning, I splash my face with warm water and pat dry with a face towel. The only item I use is a moisturizer in the morning. I'm using currently the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer and a sample jar of the Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer. Lastly, I apply my EOS Smooth Sphere Lipbalm in Honeydew Melon to keep my lips moisturized for the day.

Simple, Desert Essence, EOS
Night Routine
At night, I use my Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash as my facial cleaner. Then, I apply my night time moisturizer which is the Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil by patting it on my skin. Lastly, I apply my EOS Smooth Sphere Lipbalm in Honeydew Melon on my lips.

Extra Treatments
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask
I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque at least once a week as a treatment mask to help take out any impurities in my skin as well as help fight any breakouts I might have.

Clarisonic Mia
The only tool I use is the Clarisonic Mia. I use this in conjunction with the what ever cleanser I'm currently using about every other day or whenever I feel like my skin needs it. The brush head I have on right now is the delicate brush head. The main brush head types I use are the normal, sensitive, or delicate ones.

As you can see, my skincare routine for day and night is very minimal. I'm really concentrating on improving my skincare routine and making my skin feel healthier and more hydrated this year. I did purchase some new skincare items from Wishtrend and I'm excited to see if they work and will make a difference to my skin. So far, I'm really liking how they feel and how they make my skin look. You can check out my Wishtrend haul HERE.

12 comments:

  1. I need a more regulated skin care routine, too. Mine is all over the place. How do you like the Clairisonic? My friend loves hers but I can't justify the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Clarisonic but don't feel the need to get it just because of all the hype. Its great for a thorough cleaning and my skin feels very refreshed after I use it. However, for me, its not like a miracle tool or anything :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. I really love that Mint Julep masks it's one of my favorites. I've always wanted one of those scrub facial buffers. I need to get one. I usually use Aveeno face lotion or Pond's cream. I need to get a better facial wash though because I usually just use Dove bar soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear Sarah! A lot of people seem to love it too. A good facial scrub tool is good to help scrub off any dead skin but I don't think its that necessary. If you have a good facial scrub, I think that's just as good too :)

      Delete
  3. I love my Clarisonic Mia! I also really like the EOS lip balm although it's not my favorite anymore... I'm totally obsessed with the fable naturals lemon lip balm right now (fablenaturals dot com)... I need to figure out my skin care routine too... parts of my skin are dry other parts break out... ugh it's so annoying having combination skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarisonic Mia is pretty great. The EOS lip balm is actually my favorite but I'll have to check out the one you like if I can. The one I'm using right now is almost gone so I need to buy a new one anyways. Good luck with your skincare routine too!

      Delete
  4. I just need to buckle down and get a Clarisonic. I need something like that so I can really start taking care of my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel pressured to get one though. The Clarisonic for me is a nice tool to have but I don't really see dramatic positive results some other people have gotten from it.

      Delete
  5. I have so many products in my bathroom and I just never seem to get into a routine. I do really like Simple though so *thumbs up* I love how attractive all your goods looks together too, all white and green and fresh :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS