Bubble Print Gradient

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

This is my contest entry to Nailpolis' Spring Nail Art Contest that's taking place right now. The theme is anything Spring related so be sure to enter if your interested in participating. The contest ends on March 31, 2014. If you like my design, please be sure to vote for it HERE.

Bubble Print Gradient Nail Art
Salon Perfect, Essie, China Glaze, American Apparel, Nina Ultra Pro, Sally Hansen

First, I used Salon Perfect Sugar Cube on all the nails. With a makeup sponge, I sponged a gradient using Essie Borrowed & Blue, China Glaze Re-fresh Mint, and American Apparel Coney Island. Then, I applied Nina Ultra Pro Holographic Topcoat. With various colors of acrylic paint, I diluted them with water. Taking a small brush, I dabbed on blobs on the nails and then with a q-tip, I dotted each blob to create the bubble effect. Finished with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat.

Bubble Print Gradient Nail Art
Bubble Print Gradient Nail Art

I'm disappointed the white bubbles wasn't that noticeable in the pictures.. Other than that, I'm happy with how this turned out. What do you think of this bubble print gradient?

34 comments:

  1. Cute :) i rly love the base gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool technique! I do not have any acrylic paint, so I think I would try it with regular polish and polish thinner. Do you think that would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe, I'm not sure but give it a try and see. Doesn't hurt to try :)

      Delete
  3. The gradient is subtle but really brings in the spring flavor ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design Lisa! It's perfect for Spring! I love the subltey of the gradient! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to hear you think so :)

      Delete
  5. I like it,,,makes me think fruit, limes and oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mani and I love the sparkle on top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I can just make out the white bubbles, but I know how you feel. I did some nail art the other day but when I photographed it you couldn't make out the details - such a let down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were much noticeable in real life so I was a bit disappointed they didn't show up in the pictures.

      Delete
  8. Cute! It makes me think of slices of lime/Orange :) great gradient too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your making me think of food now :)

      Delete
  9. they look very cute :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice subtle gradient...The bubbles look like balloons floating in the skiy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute and perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute Lisa! I have voted for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is so cute! I love the colors you used... it's perfect for spring. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yun! I like it a lot too :)

      Delete
  14. Too bad the white bubbles didn't quite show up. Maybe a gray outline could make them pop out a bit. :) I love the subtle gradient! This nail art actually reminds me of flying petals. They look like petals of different flowers and are flying all over the place. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its too bad but there much more noticeable in real life. Thanks Breena!

      Delete
  15. These are awesome. Love that gradient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! The gradient is my favorite too :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS