Lucky Jade Nail Art

Friday, April 4, 2014

Today's post is on a nail art design that's kind of a failure. This was originally for The Lacquer Legion's lucky theme last month but I was unhappy with how it turned out that I didn't post it. However, I still wanted to show everyone regardless since I never like throwing away something I've put effort into. Its not my best work but I hope you still enjoy seeing it.

Lucky Jade Nail Art
Essie, Orly, China Glaze, Sally Hansen

First, I applied Essie Mint Candy Apple on all the nails. Taking a piece of saran wrap, I dabbed a combination of Orly Ancient Jade and China Glaze Starboard on my nails to create this effect. Finished with Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat.

Lucky Jade Nail Art
Lucky Jade Nail Art

This was suppose to resemble a jade stone but it just didn't work out. In my Chinese culture, when your wearing jade and can get it to change into a deep green from wearing it and keeping it warm for a long time, its suppose to give you luck. What do you think of my lucky jade nails?

24 comments:

  1. Sorry you think this was a fail but I still like how it turned out. It has a sort of watercolor look that I really enjoy. Sometimes fails can still be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm happy to hear that you still like this :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this stone like result - very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I really really like this! I might give it a try! I love seeing people's mani "failures" they are good to learn from and I think half the time at least some people actually end up loving the "failure" lol :) I think you captured the wispy looking darker parts within the jade really well... great use of the saran wrap technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I know I didn't like the result but I thought someone else might like it so I'm happy to hear that from you. I just wished the darker green I used was more in the same tone as the two other shades. I love the saran wrap technique so I thought why not use it for this look.

      Delete
  4. I really do like this Lisa! I don't think it's as much of a fail as you think. As always, your color combinations are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess I'm my own worst critic. I'm happy to hear everyone is liking it though :)

      Delete
  5. All my nail arts aren't perfect either but that's life ;) Practice makes perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Lisa! I love jade. This has to be one of my all time faves of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl! I'm happy to hear you like it so much.

      Delete
  7. I don't think this is a fail at all, I really like the texture you created with the different shades of green, and when the light hits it just right, it looks like stone!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very happy to hear you think so :)

      Delete
  8. looks cool :) nice colors!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you serious? This one is not a failure! It really resembles a jade stone :D It's so beautiful, Lisa! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Breena! I guess I'm just super hard on myself.

      Delete
  10. this looks super artistic!! and I hope that these jade nails brought you all kinds of luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS