Teal on Green Geometric Striping Tape Triangles

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Here's my last manicure for this month's theme of geometric for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. I felt so behind with this challenge but I'm happy to have finished it on time. This is a very detailed striping tape design that I did so let's see how it turned out.

Teal on Green Geometric Striping Tape Triangles Nail Art

I used Orly It's Not Rocket Science on all the nails. I created the geometric design using striping tape and painted China Glaze Exotic Encounters on top. Immediately after when the polish was still wet, I peeled the tape off. Finished with Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat.

Teal on Green Geometric Striping Tape Triangles Nail Art
Teal on Green Geometric Striping Tape Triangles Nail Art

I haven't used striping tape in a while so I forgot how awesome they are to create some very interesting designs. I originally wasn't going for such a detailed design this turned out to be but I'm so happy with the final outcome of it. What do you think?

24 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I love the colour combo, that Orly is beautiful.
    The lines look perfect! You must have a lot of patience :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gio! It surprisingly didn't take as long as I thought it would be. I'm a pretty patient person though.

      Delete
  2. This looks really good and the colours work well together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God. That is a lot of striping tape pieces! The design is so intricate! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy! It was a lot of striping tape but the final result was worth it.

      Delete
  4. wooow *.*
    love it!!!
    kisses
    http://maggienails90.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza Lisa! I would have loved to see a before picture of 1 of the nails, with the striping tape on it. :) I just started playing around with striping tape a month or two ago, so haven't worked up to anything this complex yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It wasn't too hard to do. I just did pieces horizontal, vertical, and then across on both sides. I did use a bit of striping tape for them but I just love the final result of it. You'll get the hand of striping tape once you've played around with it a bit too.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely amazing job, Lisa! You've knocked this out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! You know how much I love a good striping mani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful nail art! :) I'll try this one during my free time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Breena! Yours will probably turn out even better than mine :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's some striping tape beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome job with the striping tape lisa! I don't think i would have the patience for such an elaborate design on every nail... I have issues with my tape sticking down where I want it sometimes even with tweezers... lovely color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wait for a really long time for my nails to dry before attempting with the tape. Hopefully, you can find a way to fix that issue of your tape sticking to your nail.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS