1984 Book Inspired Nail Art

Monday, November 24, 2014

Here's my third manicure for the inspired by a book theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. I've been busy this month so I got inspiration for these nails from Chalkboard Nails. She did them for 31DC2013 Day 24: Inspired by a Book (1984). I haven't read the book personally but the cover was interesting that I wanted to try recreating her nails for it.

1984 Book Inspired Nail Art

I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on all the nails. For the eyes, I used Barielle Swizzle Stix with a dotting tool. Then I dotted in the center with American Apparel Hassid. Taking the white, I used it to highlight the eyes and make it more realistic. Finished with Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat.

1984 Book Inspired Nail Art
1984 Book Inspired Nail Art

Please excuse the out of focus shots here since it was raining hard the day I took these pictures. I thought these turned out okay. The eyes didn't come out as round as I wanted them to be. In my version, I placed the eyes more randomly on the nails. What do you think?


9 comments:

  1. Nice mani...love the 3d polka dot look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There suppose to look like eyes.

      Delete
  2. love dots in dots ! stunning look ! i have added you on gfc , and i ma 633 th followers :)
    i am, glad to find your blog.pretty nails and beautiful pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'm happy to hear your enjoying my blog.

      Delete
  3. These look great! you did a fantastic recreation of CN's design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm happy to hear that.

      Delete
  4. This one is fantastic!!
    I love the book and this mani is beyond cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really should read the book soon.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS