Food Fight Splatter Nail Art

Monday, December 29, 2014

Here's my third manicure for this month's dots theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. This was inspired by The Dalai Lama's Nails from her post, 31DC2014 Day 23: Food Fight!. These aren't technically dots but I did use a dotting tool to create the design.

Food Fight Splatter Nail Art

I used OPI Pink Friday on all the nails. For the splatter design, I used a combination of China Glaze Shore Enuff, Barielle Welcome Ohm, American Apparel Cameo Blue, and American Apparel Downtown LA with a dotting tool. I applied a coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat and then on top, I mattified the nails with Julep Matte Top Coat.

Food Fight Splatter Nail Art
Food Fight Splatter Nail Art

I've done splatter nails like this before and really like how they look. Its great that I don't have as much of a cleanup compared to doing a real splatter manicure. What do you think?

22 comments:

  1. This is seriously inspired with the matte top coat! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! It being mattified totally is one of the reasons why I love it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you liked my recreation of it. Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  3. I am totally smitten by your nail arts...........

    http://www.fashable.org/christmas-and-new-year-contest-by-fashable-org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this with the matte topcoat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! One of the reasons why I love the design of it.

      Delete
  5. Amazing. Such a fun and colorful nail art. I am surely gonna try it :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love to see you recreate it too.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this - i think the matte really makes it special xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Definitely agree, that's one of the reasons why I love it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS