Jord Wood Watch Review and Nail Art

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Here's my review and nail art for a wooden watch from Jord I received a while back. The model that caught my eye and that I'm sharing today is the Ely Maple Style Watch. I've seen other bloggers talk and show these watches so I've always been curious to get one myself so I'm thankful that I was contacted by Jord to review one of their watches. Let's see my review.

Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art

Packaging
My package came shipped in a small cardboard box. Inside, the wooden box the watch came in was bubbled wrapped outside as well as inside. The wooden box the watch comes in is so nice. Its simple but its something so different from what I've seen any watch packaged in. Its just a plain light wood box, with the Jord brand on the front with the Jord brand image on the top of the box. The top slides out to reveal the watch inside. I'm probably going to be storing the watch or other jewelry pieces I have in here.

Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art

Inside, the watch is wrapped around a watch pillow. Underneath that, you get a few cards and two extra extension links for the watch. The extra watch extension links came in handy for me because the watch was actually too small to fit on my wrist. I attached the one link extension on the watch to help improve the fit on my wrist. I did find it difficult to attach it on though since I didn't really have any jewelry tools but I found some thin sewing needles I had around the house to help with the attachment.

Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art
Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art

The Watch
The Jord Ely Maple Watch itself was beautifully presented in the box. It was wrapped around a little watch pillow with the Jord brand on the right hand corner. The watch was actually much more lighter in weight than what I expected which is great. It feels very comfortable on my wrist and the light neutral colors will make it easy to pair outfits with it. The face of the watch is not too big on my wrist but its large enough for me to tell what time it is easily. I'm planning to make this my everyday watch from now on since the watch I'm currently wearing is getting very worn down. I also like the closure to the watch, its a clip clasp that you push together to open and clip back on which makes it easy to take off or put on when your in a rush.

Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art
Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art
Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art
Jord Wood Watch Ely Series in Maple Review and Nail Art

Nail Art
Here's my nail art to go with the Jord Ely Maple Watch. Since the watch is in such a light neutral color, I feel like it can go with a lot of nail colors. I choose to create a manicure a bit on the brighter side with a simple design.

Coral Flakie with Stripe Tips Nail Art

To achieve this nail art look, I first applied Julep Sasha and topped it with Finger Paints Flashy on all the nails. Then I used striping tape to get the two stripes and painted OPI Designer... De Better! on top, making sure to peel the striping tape off when the polish was still wet. Lastly, I finished with a coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat.

Coral Flakie with Stripe Tips Nail Art
Coral Flakie with Stripe Tips Nail Art

My Review
The Jord Ely Maple Watch is gorgeous and since its in a lighter wood, I think it would pair well with a lot of different outfits from causal to something more formal. It feels really nicely made and is such a unique watch out there. I like that they include extra extension links for you in case the watch doesn't fit your wrist properly. They did ask for my wrist size prior to shipping out the watch but for some reason, the watch was still a bit too small. I might have probably measured wrong. I also like that I've never seen any watches quite like how Jord watches look. The all wood look they have is something you don't see a lot of other people wearing. It makes your watch a bit unique from the standard watches out there.

Final Thoughts
Overall, I was very happy with the Jord Ely Maple Watch. It is on the expensive side retailing for $129 but I think its still very affordable especially if you want a good made quality watch that's a bit different from the ones out there. There are a few color choices and watch styles you can choose from on their website. What I like the most is the uniqueness of the wooden made watches since I've never seen any other brands have it. The Jord watches would be a great present to gift to someone who's looking for a new watch and something out of the ordinary. There are quite a few Jord watches that I'm eyeing like the ones with the exposed opening to the inside of the watches. What do you think of the wooden watches from Jord?

Wooden Watch For Men
*Jord sent the Ely Maple Style Watch for review purposes. My opinion is 100% honest.*

16 comments:

  1. Great pick! I also got one, but I chose one for my boyfriend. The quality is amazing. Their watches are really good quality.
    Great nails also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddy! I saw that your Jord post as well and that watch for your boyfriend looks awesome. Totally agree that their watches are such great quality.

      Delete
  2. awesome watch indeed :) and great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I see these watches, I think they look very nice! The packaging is stellar! I like the color you chose and your manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! Jord watches are pretty amazing after receiving this watch. I'm so happy to have it and would definitely recommend their watches to anyone looking for a watch.

      Delete
  4. I've actually never seen a wooden watch before! I really like how you can see the wood grain on the face of the watch... I might just add this to my Christmas list hehe :) cute mani to match it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen wood watches in real life too but I've heard and seen reviews of Jord watches from other bloggers so I was always curious to purchase one myself. The watch is really nicely made and the watch is so light too. Definitely a nice gift to receive too.

      Delete
  5. I love the classy and elegant design of your watch, looks great on you! The mani you made is lovely, the double lined french is a fantastic idea! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to hear you liked the watch I chose and my manicure :)

      Delete
  6. Very interesting wooden design watch. Such a cool manicure to pair it with :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the watch a lot.

      Delete
  7. Great watch but even better mani! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS