Light Purple and Metallic Green Foil Nail Art

Thursday, September 17, 2015

For today's manicure, I tried my hand on using nail foil for the first time. I've seen others use them before but for some reason I haven't attempted one until now. Let's see the results.

Light Purple and Metallic Green Foil Nail Art

I used Sephora by OPI It's Hippo to Be Square on all the nails. While the second coat of polish was still a bit tacky and not fully dried, I quickly dabbed and applied a green foil to create the effect on the nails. Didn't finish with any top coat so the foil will still be shiny on the nails.

Light Purple and Metallic Green Foil Nail Art
Light Purple and Metallic Green Foil Nail Art

For my first nail foil manicure, I thought these turned out pretty good. I'm very interested in creating more nail foil manicures since the super shiny effect they have on the nails is cool. I might even mix more than one nail foil together too. What do you think?

22 comments:

  1. I actually like the look of more foil... I'm used to see it used more sparingly like flakes, but this really gives it that distressed, peeled off with age look! Pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I really like the look of the foil too. I'm totally going to give it another try.

      Delete
  2. I like this! I've never used foils before, but I love the way this looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks so cool, you should give it a try if you can.

      Delete
  3. I really like the colors together! I like using foil too its pretty easy and gives a nice effect. I need to get special foil top coat first though otherwise it just gets wrecked :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Great to hear you like using nail foil too. I didn't even try to apply my regular top coat on top since I've heard it it ruins the effect. Its too bad though since these nails didn't last that long on me.

      Delete
  4. I like the way this looks, sorta like distressed nails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colour combo, I would have never thought of these 2 together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just randomly thought they would look good together.

      Delete
  6. These look awesome! I've always wanted to try nail foil before. I might have to go order some now haha (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should, there pretty affordable and you only need a little sheet to cover all the nails. I'm planning to order some more soon myself.

      Delete
  7. i like the foil... even I want to try using a foil...haven't tried using it before..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sailee! You should try out nail foil then, there so affordable too.

      Delete
  8. You made mood to use nail foils. The effect of them is great on your nails! I like the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are nice especially being your first time doing a foil mani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I never would've thought to pair the purple polish with green foils, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I thought they would look good together so I'm happy that they did.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS