Turquoise and Navy Distressed Shatter

Monday, September 21, 2015

Happy Monday Blues! I was going through my collection the other day and decided to use some of my OPI shatter polishes in today's manicure. Most of my shatter polishes have sadly dried up a bit in the bottle but I was still able to use two of the colors in here. I might have to eventually toss them out or purchase some nail polish thinner to restore them though.

Turquoise and Navy Distressed Shatter Nail Art

First, I used Hard Candy Sky on all the nails. Then I used OPI Turquoise Shatter and OPI Navy Shatter on the nails to create a distressed look after making sure to wipe off the brush really good. Finished with Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat.

Turquoise and Navy Distressed Shatter Nail Art
Turquoise and Navy Distressed Shatter Nail Art

It's been a while since I've used my shatter polishes so its nice to take them out and use them in this manicure. I really like the effect it created too. Its very edgy feeling. What do you think?

20 comments:

  1. I really like the effect you created by wiping most of the shatter polish off the brush first :) I want to give it a try but I think my shatter polishes have dried up too much to be saved :( almost nothing left in the bottles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's too bad your shatter polishes have dried up. Mine is isn't too dried up but some are getting really thick. It's a bummer to see since I own quite a few of them.

      Delete
  2. I never liked the crackle polishes but I bought Turquoise Shatter because of the fantastic color. However, I had the same problem as you and it dried very quickly in the bottle. Since I had no real attachment to it I didn't bother restoring it and tossed it!

    I love the dry-brush it looks fantastic with the crackle polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to not like the crackle effect too but I saw a bunch of them on sale and I thought why not pick up a few to try out. I like them in certain designs like this one but I don't use them often so sadly most have dried a bit in the bottle. I'm still able to use them but there just thicker and harder to work with now.

      Delete
  3. it looks verry pretty... the blue shades are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a genius idea to use crackle polish with the distressed technique. Love the effect of it!
    I will put my crackle polishes to work, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have any of the shatter polishes left (which is good!!). I really love how you used this old 'dated' polish for a new, edgy look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never thought to use a shatter polish to create this look! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've actually done a few manicures like this in the past already :)

      Delete
  7. Brilliant idea to use the shatter polishes to create the distressed look! I love the blues. I also think my shatter polishes have tried up-- I wonder if thinner would help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! I don't know if thinner would help since I haven't tried it yet. If it doesn't, I might have to throw out the ones that are pretty dried up.

      Delete
  8. Iove this look. I never got to many Shatteres because they were pretty much gone by the time I got interested in my nails. That one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS