Twinsie Tuesday: Ocean Inspired

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme is ocean inspired. I thought this would be a great time for me to try out the other set of nail stencils I ordered from Vinyl It Up a while back. I took these scale nail stencils to create the nail art. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out too.

Mermaid Scales Inspired Nail Art

I used China Glaze Liquid Crystal on all the nails. I took scale nail stencils from Vinyl It Up and applied them after making sure the base was dry. I sponged on OPI Mermaid's Tears and before the polish dried, I peeled the nail vinyl off. Finished with Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat.

Mermaid Scales Inspired Nail Art
Mermaid Scales Inspired Nail Art

I accidentally applied the nail stencil on the opposite direction on my ring nail but it kind of works as an accent nail here. Next time, I'll probably try sponging on the glitter instead since the creme polish did cover quite a bit of the glitter polish here. What do you think?


Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish

36 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the Liquid Crystal design! That is such a great glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really liking that glitter a lot too. I own a few more of them in different colors and there great.

      Delete
  2. Mermaid tears is lovely. The glitter peaking through is so pretty and keeps it nice and toned down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm happy to hear you liked the manicure! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your mani. I like the glitter being under the creme - some of the glitter bits show thru. Now I am thinking I need that China Glaze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would have preferred more glitter showing through but I'm happy to hear everyone else seems to like this manicure. The glitter polish is really great, you should pick one up if you can.

      Delete
  4. more scales! I totally wish I would've done scales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Give it a try when you can next time :)

      Delete
  5. I actually really love the combo for this manicure, Mermaid tears was my favorite from that collection! I think it looks great that the scales outline are the glittery part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that. Thanks a lot! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Mermaid's Tears! I wouldn't have thought to put the creme over the glitter but I agree... I like the glitter peeking through Mermaid's Tears :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the color too and its great to hear everyone is liking the manicure. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful.. I love the way you used glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the glitter polish peeks thorough that beautiful green/blue shade! Wonderful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful mani, I love how you can subtly see the glitter under Mermaid Tears.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty! I like how the sparkle shines through from beneath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous mermaid nail art! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this combo! I like how by sponging over the vinyl, you can still see some of the glitter underneath as it's not totally opaque. Very nifty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! I did wish more glitter was showing through but I still really liked the results here.

      Delete
  13. This is stunning with the glitter underneath! Its like a jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooohh.. i absolutely LOVE this color!! gotta revisit it! and lovely stamping =0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS