Twinsie Tuesday: Marbling

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme is marbling. I didn't really want to go the water marbling route so I decided to do a technique I've seen but haven't tried out myself which is the stamping marble technique. All you have to do is dot random colors onto your stamper and then stamp it onto your nails to create this marble like effect on your nails.

Grey, Blue, and Gold Stamping Marble Nail Art

I used Salon Perfect Sugar Cube on all the nails. I dotted on Ciaté Cream Soda, OPI Glitzerland, and American Apparel Passport Blue onto a stamper and stamped the design onto the nails. Finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top Quick Dry Top Coat.

Grey, Blue, and Gold Stamping Marble Nail Art
Grey, Blue, and Gold Stamping Marble Nail Art

I thought these turned out alright for my first time trying out this technique. It was pretty messy to do and the clean up took a long time since I used a metallic gold in the design. Next time, I'll probably stick with all creme polishes. What do you think?


24 comments:

  1. I love the result, I must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these colours together... Kind of has an antique feel to it :) I love the way your pattern came out too... I should try this again with smaller dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I'm not a fan of them but I'm happy to hear everyone else seems to be liking them.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried the squishy stamper nail design. I will try it soon. Yours looks superb. Lovely marbling.
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its was pretty easy to do but it can kind of get messy.

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous. I need to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a great marble effect. I hate the mess with the water marble and that is why I avoid it as much as possible. But there are so many cleaner ways to achieve this effect...so why not. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This technique can get messy to but its not too bad.

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful.love the colors too

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous!! I seriously love these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue and gold color combo, and the effect on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The final result is lovely! I want to try this technique sometime soon hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see you try this technique out too.

      Delete
  10. This is lovely Lisa!!! It reminds me of actual marble!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It reminds me of a pair of jeans, but with bonus sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried this technique yet. I love the gold in there - sorry it was a pain to clean up, but I think it creates a great overall look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give a try then. It was pretty easy to do but I think next time, I'll stick with all creme colors :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you have a blog you would like me to check out, please e-mail me at thepolishplayground@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS